"Liebster" means dearest in German, and it's awarded, blogger to blogger, to up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules for accepting and giving the award are pretty simple. Once you accept the award, you just have to do the following in a blog entry:
Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator on her blog
Give 11 facts about yourself
Nominate 5-11 other new, up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers
Make up 11 more questions to pass on to the bloggers you choose to nominate
Thank your nominator by linking back to her blog
Upon your post going live, contact your nominees about your nomination for them
1. What is your favorite commercial? (Link please!)
Okay I have two!! McKay showed me this one day, and I'm pretty sure I laughed for like 5 minutes straight:
and then I'm pretty sure everyone's seen this one. But hey it's so catchy, i'm sure you'll wanna watch it again. :)
2. Your most awkward date ever was...
Pretty sure I've got the BEST awkward date stories!! Like too many for a little post like this. (also I post this on FB so it's probably best I don't spill all the details on the interwebs.) but next time you see me, we'll have story time. :) (and now everyone I ever dated is going to be super paranoid... muahahaha!) ;)
3. Who is your favorite Disney princess and why?
Take a guess. ;)
|"Look at this stuff isn't it neat?|
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?"
Why is the mermaid my favorite you ask? Ariel knows what kind of life she wants for herself and she goes for it. She's feisty yet kind and isn't afraid to speak her mind. (when she has a voice of course..) And then there's the fact that she's a mermaid, with a killer singing voice, and above all she's a ginger :)
4. Who was your favorite teacher growing up?
I had many wonderful teachers, but the one teacher I owe the most too would probably be Mr. Freeman. I had him for Multimedia my Junior year where I learned all about Graphic Design. I liked that class so much that I took it again my senior year along with my first 3D Animation class. He was also the Adviser for the High school Yearbook committee where he appointed me Design Editor. Because of him I discovered my passion for Graphic Design and have had many amazing opportunities because of the knowledge and skills I learned in his classes.
5. If you could have any accent in the world, what accent would it be?
It's a toss-up between Irish and Australian.
6. Have you ever had a re-occurring dream? If so, what was it?
Yes! When I was younger I had a re-occurring dream that I was sitting on the stairs in my garage eating a Popsicle watching my dad fix something, then all of a sudden I would start floating away out of the garage and my dad would try to catch me, but he never could. I'd just keep floating higher and higher into the sky, and then I'd wake up. WEIRD!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN!???
7. What is your favorite color?
Pink and Sea-foam Green!
8. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! There are just so many happy memories from growing up that all have to do with the holiday's, and my family has so many fun traditions. Every year we make toffee and gingerbread houses and Candy Cane Cookies. And we have this amazing tree with only Disney ornaments! ITS MAGICAL!!
9. Share your favorite joke.
Okay, so I don't have one awesome one, but I do have a bunch of super stupid ones! So here it goes! :)
- What do you call a fake noodle? An Impasta!
- Why was the tomato blushing? cause it saw the salad dressing!
- What do you call a cow with no legs? Ground Beef!
- What do you call a bear with no teeth? A Gummy Bear!
- What do you call a cheese that isn't yours? Nacho Cheese!
- What do nosey peppers do? They get jalapeno business!
- How do you make a tissue dance? Put a little Boogie in it!
Your welcome. :)
10. What is your favorite movie?
Okay, so my favorite movie of all time is Little Mermaid. I know shocker. Also Frozen!!! I'm completely obsessed!! But what many people may not know is that I also like non-Disney movies as well. For reals! My favs are The Little Princess, The Last Song, Legally Blond, and any of the Lord of the Rings. (I swear its a complete coincidence that most of my favorite movies start with the letter L. haha!)
11. What do you want to leave as your legacy on this lovely Earth of ours?
I would like to be remembered as a real life princess. Someone with true inner beauty. Known for treating everyone with kindness and care. Someone who had wishes and dreams and goals, and who worked hard and did everything possible to accomplish those things. Someone that could win hearts of others just by radiating happiness and love. That's why I'm a "Princess in Training".
Eleven Random Facts:
1. I am legally blind. I've had to wear glasses since the first grade. My prescription is -5.50 which basically means I run into walls if I don't have contacts in.
2. Pajamas are my favorite item of clothing ever. And when I wear them, the tops and bottoms have to match. I'm cool like that. "Wear cute pajamas, you never know who you might meet in your dreams".
3. More than anything I wish I could have the skills to be a professional Ice Skater or gymnast!
4. I'm depressingly un-flexible, however I do have a crazy over-extendable back and can win any Limbo Competition. Any time. Any place.
5. I have a Little Mermaid obsession (no duh.) But till I was about 14 my favorite Disney Princesses were actually Jasmine and Belle.
6. My name's Lindsay and I am a Milk-aholic. I love love love it! ...but just recently I've discovered that I'm lactose intolerant. WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE???
7. I played piano for 9 years. But if I could learn to play any other instrument I would love to play Guitar or Drums!
8. <-- This is my favorite/lucky number.
9. When I was little I was a complete tom boy. I hated shopping and anything pink, my favorite toys were legos and my race track, and I used to hate my name cause I thought it was too girly. Bahahaha! Well something happened cause now look at me! Sparkles, Pink, Princesses, and Lindsay Ann. I love it all!
10. I hate sleeping. I feel like its a waste of time. but alas I get very cranky and emotional without it..
11. I'm majoring in Animation with the dream of eventually working for Disney Imagineering (the people who think up and develop rides and attractions in the Disney Parks.)
So like all the blogs I follow are blogs of my mission friends.. so obviously they can not partake of the fun of the Leibster at this moment, so I nominate McKay and Kim (when they eventually get their blogs up and running) and Jeni and Krisia!
1. Whats your favorite memory from Elementary School?
2. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
3. What are your favorite books to read?
4. If there was a movie based on your life, Who would you want to play you?
5. Who in your life has influenced you the most?
6. What song best describes your life at the moment?
7. Do you have any nicknames? What are they?
8. If you had to wear the same thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9. What's the best prank you've ever pulled?
10. If you could choose one new talent to have, what would it be?
11. Most embarrassing moment?