Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Once Upon a Time...


It's been exactly a month since I moved to the most magical place on earth! So far it's been an absolute blast, and a dream come true! I have already met so many amazing people and had so many crazy adventures! I thought it rather selfish to keep all this fun to myself though, so I made this blog to keep all my family and friends updated with my life. :)

Well I've got quite a bit to catch y'all up on, so I think I'll start at the beginning of my adventure. Yep, that sounds good :)

Goodbye Utah! See ya in about 8 months!
The day I left was a huge step for me! Not only was I moving away from my family for the first time.. I was moving close to 3,000 miles away! So as you could imagine, I was a little freaked out. Saying goodbye in the airport was like a scene in a movie, I swear there was a whole lot of slow motion waving, blowing kisses, and some tears as I turned to go into security.. call me dramatic but that's how it felt. I was very proud of myself for getting through security and finding the terminal without having a panic attack, the only hiccup in the process was the fact that I couldn't lift my carry on over my head to get it into the over head compartment, but I quickly made a strong friend who helped me out. :) From then on it was 7 hours of sleeping, and eating delicious airplane snacks.
I got to the Orlando International Airport about 7:30 eastern time, found all my luggage and by some miracle got it all to the shuttle that was going to take me to my hotel. On the shuttle there was another girl also checking in the next day for the college program. She was going to be doing Quick Service Food and Beverage. The whole way there we couldn't stop talking about how excited we were to get started and we both squealed every time we passed a Disney World Billboard. haha!
When I finally got to the hotel, the first thing I did was call some of my friends and family. While Skype-ing with my family I decided to check and see if I was able to see where I would be working while at Disney World (I hadn't been able to because prior to this I already worked for Disney at the Salt Lake City Disney Store, and it hadn't updated my location) All I knew was that I was going to be working somewhere doing Merchandise. Really I was happy to be in WDW, but obviously there were some places I wanted to work more than others. Magic Kingdom being my number one, then any of the other parks, then the resorts, then Downtown Disney. Well my friends, dreams come true! I was going to be working MAGIC KINGDOM MERCHANDISE in FRONTIERLAND!!!!!! Was this real life?? I really couldn't have been happier :)
That whole first day out on my own really couldn't have gone any better. I guess I gave my family a little bit of a hard time for not coming with me to get me settled in, but my mom had said that if I made it through that first day I would have an amazing feeling of self accomplishment. That was exactly what happened. I felt like if I could get all the way to Orlando by myself I could do anything! :)


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog! I have seen your family more than usual lately and it makes me miss you more than usual. I love this! And I love you! Now how do I become a follower person to your bloggy?? I can't find the little button thingy... I will share this with my fam and they will love it.

    Also, I'm super jelly that you got to meet Rapunzel. I told my mom I want a tangled b-day this year haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I'm so glad you started a blog. (This is your cousin, Kristen's sister by the way.) :) I'm so glad you got to work in a place you wanted! And I'm glad you're having a blast. Keep us posted, I will live vicariously through you since I'm just busy changing diapers and keeping my dishes and laundry done these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to know I have at least two people reading this. haha! Love you guys! and Krisia, I think I fixed it so you should be able to follow it now. And I think a Tangled birthday would be the best thing ever. Definitely make that happen! :)

    ReplyDelete