Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Feeling Blessed

It's just one of those days where i'm feeling grateful for what I have. I seriously don't know how I'd survive here if it wasn't for my lovely ward. I love that no matter where I go I know that there is a huge support system in the church. I've met some amazing people that are such great examples to me, I've had some awesome missionary experiences and great direction in how to go about sharing the gospel, and I've also had so much fun going to activities with all my new friends in the ward. All this, and I've only been here 3 months! It's definitely been a much needed light in my life.

Last week, my bestie from the ward Alex A. and I had the opportunity (trying to look at it positively)  to talk in church. Definitely not my favorite thing in the world, and I've only ever talked as a youth speaker so were talking like 3 minute talks, but I survived and took up like 10 whole minutes! ;) haha!
We were asked to speak on our favorite talks from General Conference. Alex chose to speak on President Uchtdorf's talk "The Hope of God's Light". and I chose Elder Neil L. Anderson's talk "It's a Miracle". I talked about a few of my missionary experiences, the importance of sharing the gospel with others, and praying for experiences to share.

Of course we don't really do things without taking pics. So please enjoy these Before and Afters of our talks. :)
BEFORE giving our talks.
AFTER giving our talks
..AND how it felt DURING our talks. WHY!?! ;


So missionary work has obviously been kind of a theme in my life lately. I've definitely just felt the happiness that the gospel and just doing the right thing can give you, and I've wanted to share that with everyone! So proud of so many kids my age deciding to go out and serve the lord and teach others so that they could have that same happiness. Including my best friends Lucy (now in the MTC) and Amy (leaving for the L.A. visitors center in June), and my beautiful little sister who is going to start her papers super soon! Just want to thank them and all my other friends who are such great examples to me! Seriously how did I get so lucky to have such amazing friends?? Love you all! <3



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your talk went well, and I love the photos to show us how you felt before, during, and after! I'm glad you're having lots of missionary experiences. And by the way, you have super cute clothes. Like in all of the pictures on your blog. And I love your skirt that you're wearing in this post. So cute.

    ReplyDelete