Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ohana Means Family

Oh hi everyone! Guess it's been a while huh? Well, wanna know what I did this Summer? Okay I'll start filling you in!
Were all Princesses!

In June, after 5 months, my family came and visited me for a whole week! You have no idea how excited I was to see them! Basically, I spent my first five months planning what I wanted to do with them when they got there, so that I could make this the best vacation ever! I couldn't wait to show them this amazing part of my life!
On Sunday night, my awesome roomie drove me over to Pop Century where my family and I were going to be staying for the first part of the week. As soon as I saw them I squealed and gave big hugs. It was weird not seeing them for that long, but after like five minutes it felt like we hadn't been apart at all. We were up till like 2 in the morning telling each other about all our adventures, and giving presents, and exploring our very first Disney Resort. Each building at the resort is themed like a different century. Our room was in the 80's, and right outside was this four story statue of Roger Rabbit. There were lots of cool stuff in our room too, but most importantly lots of Little Mermaid stuff. It's like they knew me or something! ;)

My family came to Disney World three years before this for my senior trip, which was nice because that meant we were able to take it easier than if I was trying to show them everything. So Monday, we started our adventures in Animal Kingdom, I of course had to show them my favorite show ever, "Finding Nemo the Musical"! So after a few close calls with a yeti, being shrunk down to the size of a bug, and going back in time on Dinosaur, my fav ride ever, it was time to go to Dinner. I made reservations for Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue like the day I found out my family was coming because I heard how awesome it was. I'm so glad I did, because I think it was my family's favorite part of the entire trip! The food was delicious and the show was soooooo cute!!! Fort Wilderness is one of my favorite Resorts just because it reminds me a lot of the places we would vacation as kids.
We then took a ferry over to Wilderness Lodge, and wandered around there for a while, did some pin trading, then decided to head over to Hollywood studios for the rest of the night.

McKay had just graduated. And I'm pretty sure I'll be in college forever,
so that was the inspiration behind this one.
The next day my mom, sisters, and I hit EPCOT. (my dad was quite content just hanging out at the resort all day. An air conditioned room and a giant cafeteria just downstairs? what more could you ask for?) We did all our favorites, Soarin', Mission Space, and of course Maelstrom! (the funny little Norwegian ride. hehe!) but our favorite part of the afternoon was going over to the Mexico Pavilion and eating at the table service restaurant there. It has like the coolest look to it ever and the food is so yummy!! Afterwards, we met up with Sammie Jo and continued out tour of the countries and enjoyed (a nap in ;) The America Adventure show. We finished off the night with Illuminations. The wonderful fireworks show that makes me cry every time!
I had to work early Wednesday morning which kinda stunk, but my family came to Magic Kingdom and got to see me work! They were also kind enough to come to Frontierland during the Parade, so I got to sneak out and watch it with them. Then after work, I was able to change and play with them the rest of the night! We were also joined by my Florida bestie and third sister, Alex. It was super awesome to have them finally meet. My fam finally got to see all my favorite things ever, New Fantasyland, the projection show and Wishes for the first time!!
HAPPY GRADUATION MCKAY! (also our waitress was freaking hilarious!)
Thursday we moved to the lovely Port Orleans Riverside Resort, like seriously this place was amazing! And it was totally themed like Princess and the Frog. Like I had the songs stuck in my head all day. My family also finally got to see where I had been living for the last five months. The first thing they said though, "wow. it looked bigger on skype." ...Its fine. So the rest of the night was spent at Hollywood studios with my mom, sisters, and Alex. We had Dinner reservations at 50's Prime Time Cafe, the place where they make you set the table and eat your vegetables before dessert, and yell at you if your elbows are on the table. Its great! I knew my family would love it cause its just a super cute theme and there is old TV shows on all the televisions its so fun! Also the waitress came out and surprised McKay with an adorable Toy Story Cake to celebrate her graduation! DISNEY MAGIC! The rest of the night was spent going on Rock n' Roller Coaster like 5 times, and Tower of Terror like 10 (thanks to my amazing roomie and her magical powers of getting us on the rides.) We ended this amazing day with Fantasmic! The most magical show ever filled with amazing music and characters and i'm like seriously missing it hard core right now. Its just that Fantastic..er Fantasmic!! (hehe disney puns)
Our last day we had a princess breakfast at Akurshus at EPCOT!
Sooo.. I always get insanely excited around Ariel. It's a Problem. haha!
Okay our last day in the parks was just perfect. Seriously! We started off the day back in Epcot where we had breakfast reservations at Akershus In the Norway Pavilion (which my dad appreciated) But it wasn't just a normal breakfast, oh no. It was a character breakfast, with the Princesses! I was dying! (In the good way of course!) We first met Belle, who asked me to tell Ariel to stop taking her books underwater cause they keep getting soggy. haha! Followed by Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White (McKay's fav) and then the best for last of course, Ariel! Oh my gosh it was wonderful! Oh and the food was awesome too! Before we left EPCOT we went on the Norway Ride with my daddy one last time (his fav), and then it was off to MK for the rest of the day. Even though they saw it on Wednesday, I made sure to force...I mean let them watch the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade one last time. :) We got an awesome spot on main street, and that was also the moment I introduced them to Mickey Ice Cream Bars. Your welcome family! I also couldn't let them be at Disney and not show them the wonderful Dream Along With Mickey Castle show! I kept it a secret that Snow was in the show so it was fun to see McKay's face when she came out on stage. Gah! so Magical!! Then I had one more surprise for my family, the Frontierland Hoedown!! (though I think they suspected something when we HAD to get to Fro-land right at 4:40, haha!) My sisters and I got pulled in to dance and it was so much fun to actually be a part of it instead of just watching. The rest of the night we rode all our favorite rides one last time, then ended the night with one last visit with my favorite mermaid!
So that was the end of this perfect, amazing, magical vacation! I cannot tell you how fun it was to have them be a part of my world that week! Disney has been a part of my family's life since I can remember, and the memories and adventures that we have together will not be soon forgotten. :)

The Princesses and our castle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment