Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

First Full Day of Play


 Saturday, January 26th


Traditions was the day before this and I didn't start training until the next day, so Sammie Jo, Jess and I decided to take full advantage of our first free day, and have some adventures in the parks. :) It was a super nice day out, so we decided to head over to Animal Kingdom.
The first, and only time I had been to WDW was when I came with my family in the summer of 2010. For the most part it was a great trip, but the day we went to Animal Kingdom, it was sooooo ridiculously hot and not all that enjoyable. So it was time for DAK to redeem itself. :)

So much fun to go to the parks with this girl! 
Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park (it's still great though). But Dinosaur might just be my favorite ride :) 
Scary stuff!


The whole atmosphere of this place is just amazing!

It was such a good day, even the sky was smiling! :)
Everest!
Me: "Do the Disney Point!"
well I didn't know where the camera was at.. But I'm getting pretty pro at the pictures now :) 


After we rode a few rides and had a delicious kids meal from Restaurantosaurus, (cheap and yummy, best of both worlds!) we then headed on over to Hollywood studios!
I had never had a mickey bar before, and Jess insisted they were amazing. So I tried it. That was a very good decision :) 
The Great Movie Ride! if I worked on Attractions, this would be the ride of my choice! 

a huge billboard for my favorite show in the world!!


Star Tours! rockin the 3D glasses!

We rode Tower of Terror like 3 times! Which is my favorite ride at Hollywood. And it was extra fun cause this was the ride that Sammie Jo was going to be working!
First ride on Tower!

"K everyone, Do a straight face!" -says the guy sitting behind Sammie Jo..
And last but certainly not least, Presenting the best ride photo of all time!!!!

We got stuck with Cheerleaders..



Now rides are great and all, but being the Disney/musical nerd I am, the shows will always have a place in my heart :) My favorite being of course The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. So Sammie Jo and I went and watched that, and yes I teared up a little bit. haha!  

The voyage of the Little Mermaid. I will never not love this show! 

Sammie Jo also convinced me to go see the Indiana Jones stunt show, and since that was in an episode of Full House, I agreed. And it was awesome!!! Definitely not what I was expecting at all. And it is now on my Disney Bucket list to participate in that :)



Alright, Jess is like the Dining Reservation queen, and has been to pretty much every restaurant in WDW. So as a little roommate bonding experience she reserved a table for us at 50's Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios. This place was so awesome! it was themed to be like an old 50s dining room with black and white TVs everywhere playing old tv shows like Leave it to Beaver and Dick Van Dick. Our waitress was sooo funny and would do things like make us set the table, have us say please and thank you, keep our elbows off the table, eat our vegetables before we could get dessert. It was hilarious!
The food was really good to! it was all classic home cooked meals like Pot Roast, Chicken Pot Pie, Fried Chicken, and my favorite, Meat Loaf. It didn't taste quite like my moms but it was still really good. We had such a fun time there and it was nice to get to know everyone a little better, even though we already act like we've known each other forever! It was a great way to end an awesome day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment