Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The First Week - Play Time!!




January 23, 2013 - Resort Adventures

I am in WDW!! and even though at this point in time I was not yet able to get into the parks.. that didn't stop me from exploring some of Disney! So me and my new roomie, Sammie Jo, headed out to explore a few of the Resorts! 


 First stop, Art of Animation!! This resort had fully opened up only about 4 months before my arrival, and ever since they had released the first concept art for the resort I have wanted to go here, like really badly! Plus the whole theme is (obviously) Animation, the thing I just so happen to be majoring in! Even before you enter the resort there are four giant pictures of Disney Characters (Simba, Nemo, Lightning Mcqueen, and Ariel!) These are the four movies that are represented in the resort and there are different themed rooms and courtyards for each.

Finding Nemo Pool Area!



"Grab shell Dude!"


 Lion King Courtyard
Rafiki and I :)

Mufasa, Mufasa, Mufasa!!!


Hakuna Matata!


 THE LITTLE MERMAID!!!!
(i was kind of excited for this part.)
I found ARIEL!!!
Look at this stuff! Isn't it neat?!

MY PRINCE!!

Under the sea!






CARS!
This picture is dedicated to my two best friends back home, Kenna and Amy. All the cool people like Mater :) 
Flo

Doc Hudson and Me

Ramone

Sarge


Lightning!! Ka-Chow!

Fillmore. Peace Out

Sammi Jo and I flirting with the Sherrif :)



Guido! "Pit Stop!"



Next stop was the Pop Century Resort, another Value Resort, but it was still really cool! Disney are the masters of theming and this one was really fun. Each Different building was themed like a different Century. My favorite was the 60's it had peace signs everywhere, a giant Yo-yo, and a huge Mowgli and Baloo! (Jungle Book is very under rated, but it used to be my favorite!)

Look for the Bear Necessities!

Last stop for the day was the beautiful Grand Floridian. This is the day I decided it is a life goal of mine to stay here. Partly because its so fancy and amazing, and partly because they totally stayed here in Fullhouse. :)
I can see the Contemporary from here!







Why don't I live here?!?

Such a gorgeous day at such a beautiful place :)



January 24, 2013 - Splitzville
All us roomies wanted to get to know each other a little better so we headed on over to Downtown Disney! This place is too cool! Jess had the great idea for all of us to go bowling over at Splitsville which I was super excited about since it had just opened and I heard all about it even before I got to Florida. When Jana, Liz and I finally got there (Michigan drivers are pretty crazy! haha) we met up with Jess and Maria (Sammie Jo wasn't able to come). We also met Jess's friend Mark and all of his roommates who happen to be our next door neighbors. It was like this great little block party haha!
 We got two lanes up on the second floor, it was so cool! and I would say it was a step up from the bowling places back home.. and by the prices on the menu, they thought so too. haha! So I ended up sharing a Delicious sandwich with Maria.
 The whole night I talked to Mark's roommate Russell, who's from San Francisco, doing Main Street Merchandise and will be here till May. He shared his fries with me, so I could tell we'd be good friends :)
 I don't mean to brag or anything but I think the first game I bowled a 48. Pretty sure it takes great skill to be able to lose that bad. :) (we didn't finish the second game, but I was ahead of two people,  so I'm improving! Who knows.. maybe I would have won? yeah we'll go with that :)
Jana, Liz, and Maria :)





No comments:

Post a Comment