Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Oh Yeah, I Work Here!

Okay. I love my job! There isn't a day I go into work that I don't enjoy what I do.

Training
I started training the 27th of January, just 5 days after I arrived. Disney is huge on training their cast members, and thank goodness for that, because I would be extremely lost without it.
Training consisted of me getting my lovely costume (actually it really is one of the better ones!), touring all the shops i'd be working in, and learning registers, closing procedures, stocking and stuff like that. I was trained with one other girl, who's name is also Lindsay, and get this, her middle name is also Ann!! So the entire time we were training we were known as either the Lindsay's, or the Twins. It was pretty apparent that nobody was going to know who we were once we were split up..(which totally happened. haha!) There was a lot to learn over the 5 days we trained, and it got a little overwhelming and tiring, but once we actually got to work with guests it really was the funnest thing ever. :) Best Part about training? Getting to watch "Celebrate a Dream Come True". The 3 o'clock parade. My favorite thing. EVER.

Yep this is the snazzy little outfit I get to wear every day!.. haha :) 
Me, my stock trainer Chris, and Hailey. Learning how to clean the cotton candy machine. (I know. I rock the hair net.) 


My Life in Fro Land

 So, there are 5 main shops that us Frontierland Merchandise castmembers work in.
BRIAR PATCH


The one I work in most often is Briar Patch which is right under Splash Mountain. Its the cutest store ever cause it's supposed to look like Brer Rabbits house. It's got mostly children's merchandise which is fun. But since Splash Mountain is currently closed it's never really busy, so it gets a little lonely. But not being busy isn't always a bad thing, there is more guest interaction that way, and I get to watch Wishes (the firework show) every night!!

TRADING POST
 This is Trading Post the biggest pin store in Magic Kingdom. Disney people are crazy about their pins! and it's actually really fun! Personally i have like 50, which is nothing to a real collector but I've got some pretty awesome ones! Also, each castmember gets a lanyard with 12 pins on it and we can trade with guests. Disney set it up as a way for us to get more guest interaction. It's tons of fun :)

PRAIRIE OUTPOST & SUPPLY
This is Prairie Outpost, the place in Frontierland to get all your treats and snacks and such. This isn't my favorite place to work.. it's very tedious. And your around delicious looking desserts all day and you cant eat any of it.. that should be classified as torture. ;)
Right outside Prairie is a Leather Treaty station that we sometimes get assigned to work at, where we do name engravings on leather bracelets. This is probably my favorite place to be assigned to, just because it's always busy and it's something to do that's somewhat creative :)
BIG ALS
Big Als is the little outdoor shop, known for selling the wooden guns and the coonskin hats :) The best part of this place is that it's the perfect spot to watch the Fireworks and the Parades :)





One of our awesome Managers made this video of all the new CP's in Frontierland, just doing what we do and creating magical moments with guests. May I say these are some of the coolest people ever! so much fun to work with :) Okay, Just one more time..I LOVE MY JOB!!!



(You can see me at about 0:44, pin trading with a guest)

1 comment:

  1. I saw you in the movie! You're famous!!! (Kristen and I say that phrase all the time. :) I'm so glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete